We don’t like long and boring legal stuff, but when joining the TLC Pet Club you are accepting these terms of membership. It is important to read them carefully, and please ask a member of staff if you have any queries.
If you would like a copy of these terms of membership in larger print – please ask at reception at any of our veterinary practice practices.
1. The TLC Pet Club is a rolling annual preventative healthcare programme. The TLC Pet Club is not an insurance policy.
2. Membership of the agreement constitutes an agreement between you Clent Hills Veterinary Group. Membership and benefits are not transferable to another practice.
3. You will receive discounted products and services during the course of your membership including, but not limited to, vaccines and flea / worming / tick treatments and a full health check with one of our vets. Full details of what is included are available from the practice.
4. The fee for your pet will be determined by its species and weight.
5. Of course, your pet can still receive treatment outside the scope of the TLC Pet Club and this will be charged in accordance with the practice’s normal fees, terms and conditions.
6. These TLC Pet Club terms of membership should be read in conjunction with any additional information including, but not limited to, literature provided by the practice detailing what is included in the TLC Pet Club. That literature forms part of these terms and conditions.
7. Your responsibilities:
– You are responsible for following our vets’ and nurses’ guidance, and for ensuring your pet attends the practice regularly for the preventative healthcare checks which are included as part of your membership of the TLC Pet Club. If we are unable to maintain your pet’s health because you haven’t followed guidance or attended the practice we cannot refund any previous amounts paid.
– You are responsible for notifying us of any changes to your name, address, telephone numbers and email address so that we can continue to send you treatment and appointment reminders as part of your TLC Pet Club membership.
8. Your membership fees will be collected by Direct Debit on a monthly basis.
9. We use Easy Direct Debits Limited to collect Direct Debits on our behalf, and your bank statements will show a payment to Easy Direct Debits on behalf of Clent Hills Vets. For the avoidance of doubt, your agreement is with Clent Hills Veterinary Group Ltd. Easy Direct Debits Limited merely provide support to the practice, which includes transferring your payments.
10. Membership for each pet will renew automatically on the anniversary of the date that your pet joined the TLC Pet Club.
11. We will tell you in advance, in writing, if there is to be a change in membership fees on your renewal date. We will always give you at least 30 days’ notice of any change in fees as a result of our annual review.
12. In between our annual fees review, your pet’s monthly fees may also change as your pet’s weight changes. A change in fees due to a change in weight will take effect as soon as is reasonably practical. This applies to both increases and decreases in weight.
13. Failed Direct Debit payments, eg because of a lack of available funds, cause a significant increase in administration costs for the practice. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £10 for every 2nd and 3rd failed payments. This administration charge will be added to your account.
14. After a failed Direct Debit payment, we will re-present our payment request to your bank after 3-5 working days.
15. We will make a third and final payment request to your bank after a further 3-5 working days following a second payment request. If this payment request is unsuccessful your TLC Pet Club membership will be cancelled automatically and your pet will no longer receive the associated benefits and discounts.
16. Ending our agreement / cancelling your membership:
– This is a 12-month contract each year. You may cancel the Contract by giving no less than one calendar month’s notice in writing to Clent Hills Veterinary Group expiring on the last payment date. If You cancel at any other time than on an anniversary of joining the plan, You may be required to pay either the outstanding amount for goods and/or treatment received on the plan, or the monthly payments due until the anniversary of your plan, whichever is lower. For membership agreements entered into before 5th June 2019, the following cancellation terms apply – “This is a minimum 6-month contract. If you cancel before 6 months you will be required to pay the balance owing for the remainder of the minimum contract.”
17. We may end our agreement for any reason by giving You not less than one month’s notice in writing and notice given will be deemed valid if sent to the payer’s last known postal address.
18. We may also end this Contract if in our reasonable opinion You, and or any person who brings Your Pet into any of our practices in relation to Your Pet’s care, are aggressive and/or abusive to any of Our staff.
19. Unpaid bills relating to your membership fees, treatment received or medicines dispensed will be handled in accordance with our standard terms and conditions (available on request) and may be referred to a third party debt collection agency.
– With regard to this agreement, either party wishing to give notice to the other should do so in writing.
– ‘In writing’ includes emails, letters sent by post, or delivered by hand.
– When we write to you by post, we will use the address most recently provided.
– If you wish to write to us, please use the email address email@example.com or send letters to TLC Pet Club Administration, Clent Hills Vets, 5 Kidderminster Road, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 7JJ.
21. Should you ever have cause to complain about the service you receive, please follow the practice’s normal complaints procedure (available on request).
How we use your information
22. Clent Hills Vets and Easy Direct Debits Limited will hold and use your personal data (as defined by UK data protection laws) for the purpose of administering your preventative healthcare plan.
23. Both Clent Hills Vets and Easy Direct Debits Ltd may record and monitor inbound and outbound telephone calls for training purposes. These calls may also be referred to in relation to any future queries.
24. We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the security of your data. Your data will not be shared with anyone else unless there is a legal requirement for us to do so.
25. You have the right to see your personal data. If you have any queries about the data we hold, or how we use it, please write to either Clent Hills Vets, 5 Kidderminster Road, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 7JJ, or Easy Direct Debits Limited, 99 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth BH8 8DY.
Easy Direct Debits Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 09633942 whose registered office is at Ebenezer House, 5a Poole Road, Bournemouth, BH2 5QJ
Clent Hills Veterinary Group is a trading name of Independent Vetcare Ltd. Registered Office: The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham, BS31 2AU. Tel: 01555 481520
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for credit-related regulated activities. Company No: 7395695 | VAT No: 115-1416-58 | FCA Reference No: FRN738010. Clent Hills Veterinary Group is also known at Clent Hills Vets.
TLC Pet Club membership benefits for dogs and cats