If you’ve visited our new practice you will have mostly like met Will Trewarman, our Head Vet at Rubery. In the photo above, Will and our Rubery nurse Veronica are cheerily waiting to greet our next client of the day.
We’re delighted and proud to share the fact that we’ve had nothing but fantastic feedback about Will since he joined our team at the end of last year and we’re sure you’ll agree if you have met him, he has an excellent pet and owner bedside manner!
We want you to feel part of our family here at Clent Hills Vets and get to know the real people who are here for you and your pets.
So, here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about Will to get you started!
10 Facts about Vet Will Trewarman
- Will’s favourite aspects of being a vet are medical workups, general surgery and ultrasound scanning.
- He also enjoys everything from delivering new puppies to working out strategies for helping cranky old cats enjoy life.
- Will and his now-wife were in the same graduating class at Cambridge university.
- At university, Will undertook a research project in neurology and still has a keen interest in Chiari Malformation and Syringomyelia, a painful condition that clinically affects up to 15% of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. This condition isn’t uncommon, but is hereditary, with many dogs mildly or silently affected, and Will is keen to raise the disease’s profile both for Cavaliers and those who love them.
- Will’s favourite colour is British racing green.
- Along with his wife, Will lives with a “lovely, but very naughty tortoiseshell cat called Minstrel who seems to have a long-running campaign to murder the dog.”
- Will also has a fluffy monster (dog) called Alfie, who is a “nutty foxhound lurcher cross”.
- In his spare time, Will can be found cooking (assisted by Minstrel), reading and walking the dog.
- Will and his wife recently took a 6 month trip to New Zealand and completed the ‘Great Walks’ – Lord of the Rings fans will know about this one.
- Will has never operated on a fish.
If you would like to book an appointment with Will, please call our team and we’ll be happy to arrange this for you.